How to Breeze the End of Term Prep!
With school holidays just weeks away, here’s a quick rundown of how you can get better organised before the end of term, so that you can ease into summer with key activities planned and uniforms in hand!
- M & S has 20% off uniforms every June. Pop in to get the essentials while the offer’s on!
- You can download a FREE uniform checklist in the online store; https://www.betterorganised.uk/online-store/
- Place orders with your school’s supplier for customised clothing and PE kit
- Order nametags/stickers. I love MyNametags stickers, as they’re easy to apply, virtually indestructible and come in a range of lovely designs
- Diarise a day during the summer to take kids for shoe fittings. Bear in mind that Clarks has an appointments system for school shoe fittings and demand is high as the new term approaches— but appointments can be booked online now for dates close to the start of term! Remember PE shoes too!
- Use a cashback card for extra savings on all of the above. If ordering online, take a moment to go through a cashback or fundraising site as well as using a cashback card for payment. Top Cashback and Easy Fundraising are popular choices
- Go through your calendar to confirm end of term events, such as school trips, transition visits, school fairs, shows and sports day
- Double check arrangements for childcare over the summer holidays
- Book summer camps, holiday clubs and classes
- Perhaps get a couple of playdates and outings in the diary now
- Work with the kids to put together a list of things to do/places to visit over the summer, including rainy day options
- Look out for discount codes or set aside Tesco Clubcard vouchers/Kellogg’s vouchers to gain discounted or free access to attractions and activities
- The quieter summer months can be a great opportunity to try new recipes and get kids involved in meal prep. Perhaps start a running list of recipes you want to try!
And last but by no means least…
- Purchase teachers’ gifts — gift cards for shopping centres, beauticians, bookstores, garden centres or coffee shops are guaranteed to be well received. Alternatively, scented candles, wine or chocolates all make lovely presents. Include a handwritten thank you card from the kids as a personal token of their appreciation!
This post is the second in a three-part series of end of term blogs. For family travel tips from a pro, take a look at https://www.betterorganised.uk/blog/organise-family-travel-like-a-pro/ and if you’re not sure what to do with kids’ artwork check out my blog on creating your own kids’ art gallery; https://www.betterorganised.uk/blog/create-your-own-kids-art-gallery/
Better Organised is a professional organising business based just outside Glasgow. For more tips, advice and product recommendations, sign up for the Better Organised newsletter at www.betterorganised.uk