Did you know that the average UK home contains 300,000 items? No wonder sometimes we end up feeling overwhelmed by our possessions. That feels even more overwhelming if you are facing a house clearing project. Emptying a property due to a life event – like moving up the property ladder, getting married, starting a family, moving for a job, or following a divorce or bereavement – can be a huge burden coming at an emotionally charged moment.
House clearing is one of my specialities as a professional declutterer & organiser – particularly organising and clearing unoccupied properties. I can work sensitively and independently within an agreed timeframe and budget to help you manage the workload of emptying a home following a change in circumstances.
This service can work especially well in the current climate of social distancing. By working autonomously and connecting regularly via Zoom, email or a phone call, I can get work done while keeping you safe. I will follow the government guidelines around preventing the spread of Covid-19. We don’t even have to meet in person – all our meetings can be run on Zoom or a similar convenient platform.
Feedback about the service:
“I had a lovely 1-2-1 on Zoom and her service for helping bereaved families clear a lifetime’s possessions of a loved one by organising donations to charities, dealing with auction houses, liaising with rubbish clearance and local tradespeople during such a raw and sensitive time is such a valuable service. I was blown away by the level of attention to detail she offers.” – Amanda Brown
From attic to basement, I will go through each and every item in the home. I’ll categorise belongings and either store them in labeled boxes ready to be picked up or stored, or donate, recycle or get ready for sale/disposal via auctioneers or other specialists. I always endeavour to minimise the amount that goes to landfill.
– I will visit the property to do an initial walk through to estimate how long it would take to clear
– Once we agree on goals, pricing and timeframe, I will start to methodically clear out the property
– My approach is to organise belongings – according to your instructions – into applicable categories, for example Keep, Store, Auction, Donate, Recycle
– I will help with disposing of unwanted items, taking donations to local charities or recycling centres and arranging for items to be transported to another property or a storage facility, as appropriate
– I can liaise with and oversee tradespeople and professional cleaners. If you would like the home to be professionally marketed for sale or letting, I’ll also meet estate/letting agents and give them access for the purposes of valuations
– Ultimately, you will end up with an empty property, free of all clutter, with belongings all in their appropriate place
—-> Read more about decluttering after bereavement in this blog post.
– I have been decluttering homes for 4 years and constantly learn from experience and through taking advanced courses on the most efficient methods of clearing a property. I will be able to stay on track and efficiently move through the house – without you having to lift a finger. This will give you peace of mind that everything will be appropriately dealt with in a sensitive, efficient and timely manner. You’ll save time, stress and energy as well as having that all-important peace of mind.
– I’ll help ease the pressure at an emotionally charged time. I can swiftly and calmly support you to make decisions. I’ll make sure you are consulted every step of the way, whilst meeting your objectives within our agreed timeframe
– I will sympathetically and respectfully help you manage a particularly stressful period in your life. No matter the circumstances, I understand the deep impact lifestyle changes can have and am experienced in sensitively managing the process.
– I adhere to a strict code of ethics as part of APDO (Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers) so you will have professional expertise and practical support when you need it the most
–> Want to understand more about what to expect when you book my services? Read more about the difference between decluttering, organising and cleaning.
I live in a Glasgow suburb and generally cover the Scottish central belt but am able and willing to travel further afield. Please schedule a quick and free Zoom consultation with me to discuss your specific needs and location and explore how I can best help you.
You have options to give you peace of mind:
– Please book a free consultation with me via Zoom here. We will chat through your specific situation in complete confidentiality and work out the best solution for your budget, timeframe and circumstances.
– Think you might need my help in the future? Subscribe to my newsletter in the “Stay Connected” box below – I send a content rich newsletter once a month to offer you ideas and inspiration around decluttering and organising your home, life and work. I will also let you know of any special offers and new services but will never spam and you are always in control, being able to unsubscribe with the touch of one button.
– Simply want to ask further questions with regards to my decluttering and organising services? Please contact me and I will reply shortly.
Subscribe to my newsletter for my latest news, tips and offers.
Let's arrange a time to chat on the phone about your
goals and how I can help you to move forward.