A Better Organised Christmas — 1 Week to Go
A weekly checklist that can be used as a guide to keep us all on track through the festive season. This week is all about the final preparations with a view to being able to sit back and relax this time next week!
- Check last date for M&S food orders for New Year
- Check last recommended posting dates for 2nd class, 1st class and special delivery mail (UK)
- Check recycling/bin collection dates — add to calendar?!
- Put together a Christmas Eve box i.e. DVD, Christmas PJs, hot chocolate, sweet treats, reindeer food and sparklers
- Do a shopping list for any remaining food to be bought (including any for New Year)
- Housework — delegate/outsource this one if possible!
- Write out a timing plan for Christmas food prep
- Wrap and deliver any last-minute gifts
- Place food order for New Year
Out & About
- Buy any food that isn’t included on the online order, including a couple of meals for the busy days either side of Christmas
Breaking Christmas prep into small, manageable chunks works well. Pick and choose from the items listed above, spread what needs done across the week and by next weekend you’ll be able to sit down, relax and cast your eye over the final part in this countdown series!
For more tips about being Better Organised please sign up to the newsletter via www.betterorganised.uk